We had a very nice visit with family over the Christmas/New Year holidays. We left upstate New York to come back home to west central Ohio. Roughly five hours into the trip, we were cruising along, making good time. Tired, and expecting to get home in the early evening.
My husband: Um..something isn’t right.
Me: What are you talking about? The kids are being good. I’m nice and warm. You beat me at the alphabet game. What could be wrong?
Husband: The battery light just came on.
Me: Huh?! This cannot be happening. Should we lay hands on the van and offer up prayers?
Husband: I’m pulling over at the next exit.
Me: The clock isn’t working. Great. Big sigh.
Husband: We’re going to find an Auto Zone
Long story short… Went to Auto Zone. Shout out to Rob who works at that Auto Zone in Mentor, Ohio. (outside of Cleveland) We needed an alternator. Oh yea! It’s always so much fun to break down on a long road trip. In the winter. In northern Ohio. We are such a lucky family!
I have to say, the boys were very good during this whole shebang. Didn’t complain. Were helpful. Honestly, they were next to perfect on this trip. (Are these just pod children? Where are my REAL children?) Thank you, boys!
My husband is my superman. It was already dark. He put an alternator in our van, with only a parking lot light (our flashlight broke…go figure). He looked up a step by step “how to put in a new alternator” on our mini van, on the internet. ( Kudos to the internet for having how to’s for just about anything one could possibly ever need. Ever.) Wouldn’t you know on our van that the alternator is towards the bottom under a bunch of other thing a ma bobs, and whatcha ma call its. (my words) Not only was it dark at 8:30, but it was cold, being that we were right off of Lake Erie. My sweet hubby did everything he needed to do and the van ran perfectly on the way home. I told him how impressed I was with him. I could never do what he did. That is not be being humble. That is me being completely honest.
I love my guy. He rocks. I think I’m gonna start calling him MacGyver.
- 10 Things to Pack for a Cruise Vacation (vacationpackages.org)
- Watch the spray from Lake Erie turn Cleveland into an ice sculpture [Video] (io9.com)
- Power plant cutbacks dismay Ohio Lake Erie birders (dispatch.com)
- Frozen Lighthouse on Lake Erie (laughingsquid.com)
- 67 reviews of Ohio (rateitall.com)
- The cat came back – Kelowna, Canada (travelpod.com)
- Lake Erie Bass-o-Matic Allowed to Keep Churning (switchboard.nrdc.org)
- The Family Road Trip: I’m Driving With Hannibal Lecter Next Time (blogher.com)
- AAA forecasts 3% rise in Ohio holiday travel (dispatch.com)
- Ohio homebuilders fight tougher code (dispatch.com)
- Can I sneak a cat onto a train or what? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Cats Guard Art At St Petersburg Museum (news.sky.com)
- Teen Accused Of Putting Cat In Hot Oven (dreamindemon.com)
- Russell Fenton Inducted Into Creative Marketing’s Prestigious Tailor Made Group (prweb.com)
- Mentor, Ohio Student Wins $50,000 in Jo-Ann Prom Contest (shoppingblog.com)
- 3 Kids Killed in Ohio Mobile Home Fire (foxnews.com)
- The most important cat photos and videos of 2010 (whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com)
- Southwind loses in Arby’s Classic semifinals (commercialappeal.com)